Entertainment Industry Foundation Operations Director
JOB TITLE: Operations Director
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
FULL TIME/PART TIME: Full Time
Entertainment Industry Foundation (“EIF” or the “Foundation”) is seeking an Operations Director to manage its portfolio of celebrity-guided funds. The daily tasks of this position include overseeing administrative duties, ensuring seamless project management and excellent client service, and organizing events. The role requires the individual to be highly responsive, detail-oriented, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
To be successful, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
EIF reserves the right to modify the job responsibilities listed below.
• Provide excellent client services to a portfolio of more than 30 celebrity-guided funds.
• Manage and coordinate fund activities including vendor contracts and payments.
• Manage a team of two (2) operations professionals responsible for project management and donor services.
• Serve as administrative liaison for dedicated fund staff.
• Collaborate closely with cross-departmental teams (Grantmaking, Finance, Human Resources, Communications) in service of fund partner needs.
• Oversee the onboarding and offboarding of fund partners.
• Support strategic portfolio development and track revenue goals.
• Assist with project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
• Maintain and organize philanthropic partners files using Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint.
• Manage content and oversee technical support for the EIF Partner Portal.
• Plan and execute events for fund partners including learning sessions, roundtables, and holiday gatherings.
• Collaborate with other departments and administrative staff as needed.
• Attend departmental and other meetings as required.
• Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the capacity to be highly task-oriented.
• Demonstrate personal compatibility with and commitment to EIF’s philosophies and mission while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
• Function as the “nerve center” of the foundation.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently, creatively, efficiently, and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment. • Professional demeanor exhibiting the ability to listen actively and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing), persuasively, and with confidence.
• Personable, approachable, and able to build relationships and trust with employees and management.
• Proactive problem-solving skills.
• The ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining extreme attention to detail and refocus as the job and situations demand.
• The ability to work within a team and establish strong working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent experience required.
• 6+ years of relevant experience in client-facing roles. Prior agency, non-profit, philanthropic, or development roles a plus.
• 2+ years of experience managing others.
• Self-starter with strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and people management skills. •
Business acumen with working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and Planner.
• Some travel may be required.
• Ability to sit for extended periods
• Frequent alpha/numeric keyboarding
• Ability to use a computer
• Operate standard office equipment
• Lift and carry boxes up to ten pounds
• File and retrieve documents
SALARY RANGE: $80k – $90k.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EIF is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants for all positions without regard to age (40 or older), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (either mental or physical, including HIV and AIDS), cancer, genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.