Know Your Rights Camp Operations Manager
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
FULL TIME/PART TIME:Full Time
Know Your Rights Camp, a fund of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (“EIF” or the “Foundation”), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, is seeking a Program Manager. KYRC’s mission is to advance the liberation and well-being of Black and Brown communities through education, mass mobilization, and the creation of new systems that elevate the next generation of change leaders. Currently, the KYRC Autopsy Initiative provides victims’ families with free secondary autopsy services. The Operations Manager is a critical position that will lead operations, conduct risk analysis risk management, and engage in process improvement strategies to advance the Initiative’s objective. This hybrid position is located in Los Angeles, CA, and requires in-office work three days per week (Tuesday through Thursday, subject to change).
To be successful, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
EIF/KYRC reserves the right to modify the job responsibilities listed below.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the capacity to be highly task–oriented.
• Demonstrate personal compatibility with and commitment to EIF/KYRC’s philosophies and mission while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently, creatively, efficiently, and cooperatively in a fast–paced environment.
• Professional demeanor exhibiting the ability to listen actively and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing), persuasively, and with confidence.
• Personable, approachable, and able to build relationships and trust with employees and management.
• Proactive problem-solving skills,
• The ability to multi-task work in a fast–paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining extreme attention to detail and refocus as the job and situations demand.
• The ability to work within a team and establish strong working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
• An advanced degree in law, business, or public health benefits this role.
• 5 years of relevant experience with 2-4 years of working in operations, consulting, law or risk management, OR a combination of education and experience.
• Business acumen with working knowledge of G Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, and Asana.
• Some travel required
• Ability to work on-site 3 days weekly (Tuesday through Thursday), subject to change.
• Ability to sit for extended periods
• Frequent alpha/numeric keyboarding
• Ability to view a computer monitor
• Operate standard office equipment
• Lift and carry boxes up to ten pounds
• File and retrieve documents
SALARY RANGE: $75,000- $85,000
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EIF is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants for all positions without regard to age (40 or older), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (either mental or physical, including HIV and AIDS), cancer, genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.