Social Change Fund United Executive Director
Social Change Fund United (SCFU) was created by Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, and Carmelo Anthony in response to the continued racial injustice across our country. SCFU seeks to utilize collective influence and resources to make a greater impact in underrepresented communities of color.
Our mission is to accelerate social change and assist in sustaining a fair and equitable society for all. To accomplish our mission, we will invest in organizations working to liberate all Black people and advocate for communities of color through the lens of long-term policy solutions, community representation, and narrative change.
Our pillars are:
- Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Investment
- Arts and Education
- Health Equity
Social Change Fund United is seeking a talented, driven individual able to build upon a successful launch, by developing and implementing a strategic plan for long-term growth and sustainability. This is a hands-on role that will require communication and coordination with a number of stakeholders, including our Executive Council, Entertainment Industry Foundation (our fiscal sponsor), corporate partners and donors, ambassadors, and the organizations SCFU will support.
In addition to addressing critical timely needs, SCFU is seeking to make long-term impact through its work. The Executive Director will play an essential role in shaping the trajectory of Social Change Fund United. Programming, fundraising, partnerships, and initiatives that lead to measurable impact towards SCFU’s mission will be vital to its success.
SCFU desires to be a leader in creating change within our focus areas and needs a visionary leader to help us achieve our goals.
What you will do as the Executive Director:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with board members and external partners, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed of Fund activities
- Lead strategic planning, program development, implementation, and analysis and evaluation of programs that support the mission, with the board’s review and support
- Develop and lead fundraising strategy to finance strategic plan, programming and existing commitments, which includes campaign development and execution, corporate sponsor development, and board recruitment
- Lead communications strategy, working collaboratively with EIF, board members, and public relations representatives to ensure public visibility for SCFU
- Manage all external communications, including social media content, email blasts, press releases, web content, etc.
- Develop program budget, and carefully manage sponsorship and donation income, as well as all expenses
- Assist with recruitment and selection of additional program staff members, as budget allows, which you will then manage, empower and mentor
- Prepare and make presentations to the board of directors or other constituents as requested
- Identify nonprofit partners for consideration and manage relationships with selected partners, including donations, programming, board/talent involvement, and impact reporting
What you will bring to the role:
- A passion for racial justice, deep understanding of the issues Social Change Fund United seeks to address, and strong relationships/knowledge of organizations affecting change
- Proven expertise in growing a small nonprofit organization/fund and strong nonprofit financial management experience, including reporting, audit requirements, and financial oversight
- Experience in hiring, supervising, and growing proficient, talented, and diverse staff to support the vision of the organization.
- Transformational leadership skills and the ability to take projects from concept to completion
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to adapt well to change and juggle competing demands
- Flexibility and skill in working with a number of stakeholders, corporate executives, celebrity talent, and high-profile individuals maintaining the integrity of the Fund
- Strong knowledge of the latest trends in generating revenue to advance an organization’s mission
- Excellent public speaking, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with people of all demographics and present with confidence