The Entertainment Industry Foundation is proud of its successful partnership with each of its grantees over the years. EIF national initiatives are aimed at raising public awareness around critical social issues and raising funds to support selected charities. EIF awards grants to organizations selected to accomplish the goals unique to each initiative.
EIF’s monitoring of grants is comprised of three component parts: Pre-grant review and due diligence; on-site review (site visit); and progress reports that include details of the agency’s progress toward the goals and financial accounting.
Pre-grant review includes confirmation of the tax exempt status, review of financial and narrative reports and a check against OFAC and other Federal watch lists. All grantees undergo a thorough review prior to receiving a grant. Each organization is reviewed for:
- Capacity to achieve the proposed grant objectives;
- Organizational effectiveness and leadership
- Sound fiscal management
- Track record of services provided in key areas of need
- Confirmation of tax exempt status as defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Compliance with the Internal Revenue Code governing not-for-profit organizations, including the USA Patriot Act
Visits to select agency sites are conducted to confirm details of the program plan. Interim reports are required as a condition of the release of funding, with a final report due upon completion of the grant. Ongoing communication is conducted by EIF to confirm compliance with the terms and intent of the grant.
FAQs For Grantseekers & Current Grantees
1. Can we apply for funding through one of your national initiatives?
At this time, EIF does not accept any unsolicited requests for funding through any of our programs.
2. What type of organizations do you fund?
EIF awards grants through its national initiatives and special fundraising events through an invitation-only RFP process. Selected organizations are identified during the development of the initiative based on several criteria, including an organization’s track record and ability to accomplish specific strategic grant objectives consistent with the goals of the EIF program.
3. Do you give grants to individuals?
No. The Foundation does not make gifts to individuals or individual families.
4. May we invite EIF staff to visit our organization or arrange a presentation at your office about our program?
EIF does not generally accommodate unsolicited offers to meet face-to-face with organizations.
5. Can you help our organization secure celebrity spokespersons or other entertainment industry support?
EIF is a public charity engaged in grantmaking and public awareness/education initiatives; as such, we do not reach out to celebrities, high profile individuals or the entertainment industry on behalf of other organizations. Celebrities can generally be contacted through their individual representation.
FOR CURRENT GRANTEES
6. Where do we send progress and final grant reports?
Please contact the EIF Philanthropic Services Department at (424) 283-3692 to get specific reporting requirements related to your grant.
7. May we request a no-cost extension on our grant?
A formal request for no-cost extension should be mailed to the EIF Philanthropic Services Department, 1900 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA 90067. Your request should include the specific reasons for your request, a breakdown of expenditures to date for the grant, and a proposed timeline for the full expenditure of grant funds. A Philanthropic Services Department staff person will respond to you directly after a review of your request.